Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Starfleet Wars eBay find

You may be thinking, "What's he doing, blogging about a spaceship game after all this time?" but I haven't abandoned that aspect of my hobby. And on that note, I have to share my latest eBay score.
In addition to the Starfleet Wars rules and expansion booklet, both in great condition, I received a laminated quick reference sheet. It also came with the original envelope and a pad of starship record sheets. In the days long before home computer printers, or even easy access to a photocopier, these record sheets were a necessary game component.
This auction lot also came with a promotional pamphlet for SfW on glossy paper. While the front duplicates the rulebook cover image and the back lists the range of castings at the time the game was released, it's the inside of this sheet that's remarkable. ...
 

... A full-color photograph of the minis that existed at publication, painted in classic 1970s graphic style.
While this image is floating around the internet, it's cool to have a copy of the original publication, and in such great condition. I think I will put it in a frame and hang it on the wall of my game room.

4 comments:

pancerni said...

Very cool! Got some of those ships in the basement.

Don M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don M said...

A very nice find indeed!

Gonsalvo said...

Very nice; have all of that, brochure included, in my basement... probably not in as good condition, though!